When you come to McColl Racing for a setup you are not just getting work done on your race car, you learn about car geometry, as well as how various adjustments will affect your car.
Below list the checks and areas of potential adjustment that are made during a setup day at McColl Racing.
- Front End Toe - Caster - Camber
- Bump Travel - Anti-Dive Upper & Lower - Ackerman
- Roll Center Measurements and Changes - Front - Sway Bar
- Rear End Check for Straight and True - Rear End Toe - Pinion Angle
- Upper Link Angle - Trailing Arm Angles - Panhard Heights and Setting
- Roll Center Measurements and Changes - Rear
- Shock Measurements - Shocks Dyno - Springs Rated - Bump Stop Setting
- Corner Weights - Cross Weight - Left Side Weight
- Rear Weight - Stringing of Chassis - Ride Heights
- Checking for Chassis & Suspension Binds - Checking for Worn or Damaged Suspension
First professional setup day?
Tuesdays to Thursdays 8am - 6pm or later
If your coming to us for your first setup, plan to be here for a whole day. Bring any spare parts you have and at least one good helper that can work along with you and our Tech as you will be required to do plenty of manual labour.
What we expect of your car when you come for a setup
For a setup day we expect you to bring your car race ready. By this we mean it should be roll into our shop as if you are ready to run a feature race.